This section is in development
A few community & support links
These are just a few organisations or advice agencies that might be of use, particularly to people who might be facing difficulties, mainly in Hillingdon. They are by no means a list of all potential organisations or issues, and their services or websites are not in our control. We do our best to keep details up to date, if you notice anything incorrect or have ideas for others to include, please contact web editor.
- Hillingdon Citizens Advice Bureau (Hillingdon residents) - Phone: 0344 848 7903 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm. Request a call-back. Useful contact numbers on their website. Visit - Uxbridge Bureau, The Colonnade, Civic Centre, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW Monday - Thursday 9.30am – 4.00pm.
- Harrow Citizens Advice Bureau (Harrow residents) - Phone: 0208 427 9477; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Main centre: Civic 9 Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XH.
- Hillingdon Council also Connect to Support Hillingdon
- Harrow Council
- Hillingdon Foodbank (Hillingdon residents) - Phone: 01895 252224; email: email@example.com. Warehouse Address (food collection and donations): 28 Bakers Road Uxbridge (Gazette House), UB8 1RG.
- Harrow Foodbank (Harrow residents) - Phone: 020 8416 7344; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: Unit F2 Phoenix Business Centre, Harrow, Greater London HA1 2SP.
- Trinity Homeless Projects, Redford House, Redford Way, Uxbridge UB8 1SZ. Head Office enquiries, call 020 8797 9500, to donate furniture, call: Hayes: 020 8797 9505 or Uxbridge: 01895 256655. Email: email@example.com. - also - other homeless organisations: Shelter, St Mungo’s, StreetLink (for reporting homeless people to get support to them) , Crisis, Centrepoint.
- ARCH - Addiction Recovery Community Hillingdon - also - Talk to Frank
- Hillingdon Carers - also - Carers UK
- Hillingdon Law Centre
- Services for families & children in Northwood Hills area - Hillingdon council information
- Metropolitan Police - also - search eg local Neighbourhood Policing Team members, activities and stats
- West London Victim Support
- Hillingdon Council Domestic Abuse information page
- Hillingdon AGE UK
- Hillingdon Community Health
- MIND including a search for local groups
- DASH - Hillingdon disability organisation
- Find out who your local MP or Councillor is (Hillingdon Council website)
- About UK Benefits, eligibility, claiming, contact details etc - also - information about help for health costs inc prescription costs - Government sites.
- National Debtline - phone: 0808 808 4000 Monday to Friday, 9am - 8pm; Saturday, 9:30am - 1pm.
- Online Benefit calculators: Entitledto or Turn2us (who also have information and an online grants search).
- Samaritans includes a search for local branch
Local Resident's Groups