A few faith/Christian links
United Reformed Church (URC) - information about our denomination, its organisation and works. URC Facebook page. Also see:
A few other faith/Christian links:
- Commitment for Life - the world development programme of the URC encourages churches to take action, pray and give for people across the world, especially in our four partner countries of Bangladesh, Jamaica, Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory and Zimbabwe. Works with Christian Aid and Global Justice Now (formerly The World Development Movement).
- Reform Magazine - monthly magazine exploring theology, ethics, personal spirituality and Christian perspectives on social and current affairs. Published by the URC, has readers from all Christian denominations, other faiths and no faith traditions.
- Thames North Synod
- Westminster College, Cambridge - centre for learning within the URC.
- FURY - Fellowship of United Reformed Youth - umbrella organisation including young people aged 11-25 associated with the URC.
- URC Musician's Guild - represents music and music making within the URC.
- Vision4life - a process the URC followed 2011 - 2014, focused on re-engaging with the Bible, Prayer and Evangelism. Resources are now archived for churches and individuals to freely use.
- United Reformed Church Guide and Scout Fellowship - a national Scout Fellowship, open to all in Scouting or Guiding who are connected in any way with the URC.
A few other faith/Christian links:
- Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CTBI) - there are many different Christian churches and denominations, but they often need to work together, as well as co-ordinate the work they each do separately. CTBI facilitates that process. Various resources.
- Churches Together in Eastcote of which we are a part.
- St John's URC Northwood - website for St John's URC in Northwood.
- St Andrew's URC Ealing - website for St Andrew's URC Ealing.
- Lumen Church & cafe in Bloomsbury, London.
- London Inter Faith Centre - an ecumenical Christian centre working with people of all faiths and none. Various events.
- Pinner Association of Churches (PAC) - group of churches working together in the Pinner area.
- The Iona Community - a dispersed Christian ecumenical community working for peace and social justice, rebuilding of community and the renewal of worship. Residential centres, books, music and worship resources.
- Niland Conference Centre, Bushy - administered by the Dominican Sisters; events for individuals and groups who seek to nourish their faith and deepen their relationship with God.
- CWR - books, publishing, conferences, events & training.
- Cockfosters Centre for Spirituality - founded in the Benedictine traditions of hospitality, mutual respect and a search for God, now embraces all aspects of Christian spirituality. Seminars, quiet days, personal reflection. Programme of evening and day courses offer opportunities to learn and share with others.
- World Council of Churches (WCC) - programmes aim to support member churches and ecumenical partners to journey together, promoting justice and peace in our world as an expression of faith in the Triune God.
- World Communion of Reformed Churches (WCRC) - supporting theology, justice, church unity and mission in over 105 countries.
- Bible Gateway - a tool for reading and researching scripture online in the language or translation of your choice.
- Christianity.org.uk - website of the Christian Enquiry Agency Ltd, a registered charity, originally set up by Churches Together in England to inform people about Jesus Christ and Christianity.
- Maranatha Christian Bookshop - independent Christian Bookshop at the London School of Theology Bookshop in Northwood.
- Free to Believe (FTB) - began informally within the URC, now includes many with similar aims from other denominations. An informal network of liberally minded Christians striving for an open, inclusive and thinking church. National and regional conferences, publishes booklets, free email 'Briefing' newsletter three times a year.
- Fresh Expressions - encourages and resources new ways of being church, working with Christians from a broad range of denominations and traditions.
- The Bible Society - a wealth of information about the Bible.
- sgm Lifewords - freely sharing the Bible’s life words, pioneering new formats and forging mission partnerships.
- HOPE in our villages, towns & cities - supports the UK Church to do more mission together, in words and actions.
- Progressive Christianity Network Britain - Unafraid to question traditional church teaching; they value contemporary thought & recent biblical understanding.
- Christian Education (and IBRA - International Bible Reading Association ) - Christian resources for use by individuals, families and churches, seeking to serve the widest range of Christian tradition in the UK and beyond.
- Society of Saint Francis - information about the Franciscans, their community, work and magazine.
- Magnet Resources - Magnet magazine was originally a resource of the Women's Network of the Methodist Church but is now produced by a team of volunteer editors from many different Christian backgrounds.
- Charter for Compassion - "The Charter" and the spirit and practice of the Golden Rule; "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
- A Network for Grateful Living (ANG*L) - provides education and support for the practice of "grateful living" – the full response to a given moment and all it contains. Includes "light" a virtual candle and other resources.